In today’s world, that is the era of digitalization where everyone is familiar with technology and no one is unaware of how technology has become an integral part in daily life. And when we talk about relation of any gadgets with students then that bond is unbreakable. Students use gadgets as if they are the part of their body and soul. Gadgets such as smartphones, laptop and tablet are very common for students. And because of covid-19 pandemic where virtual classes and e-learning has become the new normal for students and teachers, the rate of using gadgets has increased rapidly.
Every parent complaint about their children using gadgets for continuous hours but somewhere students are also bound to use gadgets against their own will. And it is a fact that students don’t really know how to use gadgets for their benefit. In this article, I will cover how to use gadgets effectively and how using gadgets effectively benefit students.
Using gadgets effectively
Students generally use smartphones, laptops, tablets. These gadgets are used by students either for attending online classes or playing games or scrolling and chatting on social media.
1. Online quizzes: Students should play online quizzes to increase knowledge about different topics and news going around in the world. Playing quizzes will help you sharpen your mind, increase confidence and will also increase area of interest.
2. Chat and online discussion forums: ‘Quora’ and ‘disqus’ are two very popular chat and discussion forums where you can discuss on different topics and give answers to others questions. These forums will again help you to use your time productively and efficiently and these forums and better than online social media groups and chatting.
3. Using google news and podcasts: Google news is a great way of staying updated with current affairs and podcasts are also amazing because that helps you in increasing your listening skills and knowledge. Just plug in your earphones and now you are being productive even when you are doing some leisure work.
4. Learning new: Use smartphones and laptops to learn new things like programming languages or some creative tools like adobe photoshop or any other thing which is of your interest. This will also help you to stay creative and fresh and will not hinder your efficiency and productivity.
5. Playing memory and fast games:After so many ways of increasing knowledge, let’s talk about increasing memory and reflex action. Playing memory games such as word puzzle or word chain and action games such as CS-Go or Pubg or COD or any other action games will help you in sharpening your mind and will also increase the thinking capacity.
6. Using To Do List and Calendar: These two tools are very effective in keeping oneself organized. You can mark your daily tasks, important tasks and can set reminders for particular tasks or group of tasks to be done. It is very beneficial because this will increase your time management skills and effectiveness.
Using gadgets helps in:
1. Student-centered learning: In a traditional way, it has always been teacher centered learning where students always remain dependent to teachers but now students can learn different things on their own without compromising with academic studies being given by teachers.
2. Increase performance: As all students have gadgets hence it has become easier to conduct competitions and activities through online mode which increase students’ participation and in a result increases overall performance of students.
3. Knowledge-retention: Whenever there is a problem or doubt in any topics, students can directly check on internet and clear their doubts and proceed with other topics. Learning through visualization by watching videos on YouTube helps in grasping and understanding topics in detail.
There are many more benefits of using gadgets and many different ways of using them effectively. But gadgets should be used in a limit. There should be approximate fixed number of hours of using gadgets. It is recommended to use digital wellbeing which monitors your device usage and tells where you spent more time on. This will help you in time management and prioritizing tasks.
#gadgets #technology #tech #gadget #iphone #electronics #smartphone #technews #apple #pro #gadgetshop #instatech #techie #samsung #instagood #android #oneplus #mobile #gadgetstore #innovation #engineering #techgadgets #techy #technologynews #techworld #gadgetlover #coolgadgets #hometutor #hometuition #education #tutor #privatetutor #science #tuition #tutoring #teacher #hometutors #english #hometutoring #tuitions #student #college #maths #study #learning #onlinetuition #onlinetutor #school #onlinetutoring #math #students #tuitioncentre #professionaltutoring